- This event has passed.
July 29, 2023 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
12th Annual Watermelon Fest!
- FREE Watermelon Slices – 10AM – 1PM or until we run out
- Melon Bar
- Seed Spitting Contest – 11AM
- Watermelon Eating Contest – 12PM
- Fruit Carving by Earl Carter
- Watermelon volcanoes and Mini Catapults by CrashWorks
- Live Music by TriFikeda
- Watermelon margaritas by the Traveling Tavern
- Frozen watermelon wine drinks by OG Cellars
- Watermelon pie by Pies on the Side
- Watermelon soap, candles, and totes by The Front Porch Farm
- Watermelon earrings by Wildflower Clay Co.
- Kafe Maya will have agua de sandía with and without picante: tamarind chamoy, tajin, and chopped fruit
- and more watermelon inspired handmade goods and treats!
Watermelon Fest History:
The first Watermelon Fest was held in 2012, the year Downtown Wichita Falls Development took over management of the market from the City of Wichita Falls. The Boards of Directors volunteer their time to cut and hand out free watermelon to the community.
Downtown Wichita Falls Farmers Market highlights local produce through theme days and events. Watermelon season comes at the peak of summer time and is a great fruit to be able to share and bring the community together with. Building community is one of our main goals and that’s why we say we are more than a market.