- This event has passed.
July 7 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
4 Hour Training, Time is TBD
Contact Vernon College Continuing Education
Most employee issues can be handled best by hiring the right person to begin with. Although there is no fool-proof way to ensure you hire the best person all the time, organizations can improve their odds by designing and following a process to make informed hiring decisions.
– A recruitment and selection process that works
– Understanding what you need/want
– Choosing and leveraging the appropriate recruiting sources
– How to evaluate applications/resumes
– Pre-hire testing
– How to (properly) conduct interviews
– When and how to conduct background checks
– Drug testing and physical exams: pros and cons
– Job offers
– Evaluating the effectiveness of your process
– Putting it all together