Need some date night ideas? Enjoy a date night downtown! There are several options depending on the vibe you are going for! Below we have compiled some lists of different date ideas to help spur some love! These lists are not a complete list of options, but to give you some inspiration. Most importantly have fun, mix and match different ideas!
Looking for somewhere to set the mood for a big day?
- Sit down for a nice dinner at Karat Bar & Bistro.
- Head across the street to enjoy a glass (or two!) at OG Cellars Tasting Room at the Holt.
- Catch a show! See what productions Backdoor Theatre and Wichita Theatre are putting on.
- Prime rib night at Progress & Provisions Craft Kitchen never disappoints. Only select nights.
- Live jazz music is usually playing at 6th Street Winery on the weekends.
Nothing is better than being able to let loose and have some fun with your person!
- Newly opened – The Depot Lounge – Axe Throwing Lounge features axe throwing but also has shuffleboard, pool tables, darts, and corn hole.
- Be kids at heart! Challenge your SO to a race of Mario Kart or Pong at Maniac’s Mansion Arcade and Cereal Bar.
- Did you know Stone Oven Pizza also has games inside their place? Winner buys the next slice!
- Grab a beer and test your knowledge (and teamwork) with some trivia(Thursday nights) at Wichita Falls Brewing Company, they also have really great pizza from Progress Pizza.
- Play a round of pool and then catch some live music at the Iron Horse Pub.
- Get bendy together and align your chakras with some yoga at Weightless or do something more upbeat like a bungee class together.
- See what is happening at the MPEC. Check out a hockey game or a concert.
Oh those first dates! The nerves and giddiness but a great way to get to know each other! Below are a couple of places that are cozy and quiet for you to have those ever important discovery conversations, also helps that some serve wine to calm some of those first date jitters.
- Enjoy a flatbread and a glass over conversation at Hook & Ladder Wine & Coffee Co.
- Get a flight of wine at discover each other’s tastes at 6th Street Winery.
- Half Pint Taproom & Restoration Hall offers great brick oven pizza and flights of craft beers.
- OG Cellars Tasting Room at the Holt has a stunning 1920’s vibe and a great wine selection.
- 8th Street Coffee House is known for the cozinesses! Grab a cup of coffee, get comfortable, and converse.
- Try a seasonal latte at The Duck Coffee. The bright atmosphere is a good spot to people watch and keep you awake if you feel your date might be a snore.
- Stop by the newly opened Speakeasy Distillery for a few prohibition styled cocktails.
Got a Saturday free to treat your sweetie? There a lots of options to have fun and explore downtown!
- Start the morning off with a breakfast and coffee at 8th Street Coffee House.
- Explore all the many vendors at the Downtown Wichita Falls Farmers Market.
- Thrift & antique shopping, we love seeing all the quirky things at Alley Cat Vintage Mercantile and Fashion Garage.
- Grab some red tacos for lunch at Casa Mañana.
- Climb to the top of the World’s Littlest Skyscraper.
- Impromptu photo shoot with murals across downtown.
- Discover an new artist at Wichita Falls Art Association or check out what artist has an exhibit at the Kemp Center for the Arts.
- Get a gelato or an afternoon pick me up at the Duck Coffee Co.
- Need to work off that gelato? Drop your bikes on the Circle Trail. You can hop on the trail near the MPEC.
- Learn some history at the Kell House Heritage Center and the Museum of North Texas History.
Meet somewhere yummy for lunch or pick it up to go and enjoy a picnic in Park Central or Bud Daniel Park.
- Find some crazy good eats at Progress & Provisions.
- Karat Bar & Bistro FYI: Fridays are #girlFriday and all girls will receive a free cupcake with their meal.
- Gypsy Kit always has creative specials for the week, try something new.
- Grab some sushi rolls at Sakura – recently opened on the first floor of the City National building on 8th Street.
We hope that you have been inspired to share your love with not only your person but with the Downtown business community. These local establishments are the backbone to our city, provide different flavors, unique experiences and should be supported whenever possible.